February 23, 2020
Post date: Feb 20, 2020 6:50:36 PM
Thank you to Judy Ragland for playing the organ today and for Ash Wednesday.
Flowers for today are provided by Al & Estelle Johnson in memory of her brother Dale Christopherson.
Mardi Gras Family Fun Night & Hymn-na-gras
· Kids Crafts starts at 5:30p.m.
· Tuesday, February 25th from 6-8p.m. here at FLC. All are welcome to join us for a potluck, bring your favorite New Orleans style food to share with all: Jambalaya, gumbo, crawfish bisque, red beans and rice, or any favorite potluck dish.
· Don’t forget we will be providing a King Cake for everyone!
· Learn—what do all the colors and symbols of the season mean.
· Play—Costume contest (for those interested). Come dressed up or make your own mask. Games such as find the baby, pin the treasures and more will be played.
· Sing—Tor will lead our traditional Hymn-na-gras sing along.
First Communion Classes: Sundays March 1st and 8th after worship
I am inviting all young people in about 3rd grade or older to two classes on the Lord’s Supper. I will leave it up to parents as to when you think your child is ready to receive holy communion. The book we use, “A Place for You” by Pastor Dan Erlander is written at about a 3rd grade reading level. We will also look up some Bible passages and each student is asked to create a first communion project out of paper/clay/fabric/wood/legos/paint or just about anything. If there are students older than 3rd grade, who are not yet receiving the bread and wine of the Lord’s Supper, but would like to, you are certainly welcome to join in. The plan would be for students to receive their first communion on March 15th, or any time after that. Please let Pastor Dennis know if you are coming and plan to attend both classes.
Ash Wednesday Service, February 26th 7:00pm Everyone is invited to begin the season of Lent with the imposition of Ashes and the Lord’s Supper. Confession and forgiveness, hymns, Bible readings, prayers and a message will also be a part of the worship service.
Youth Director Search: Our FLC Youth Director position is open. 15 hours a week. If you are interested please contact the church office for a job description and application at 925-2844 or email@example.com
Mike and Ginny Krekling invite you to join them to celebrate their 50th Anniversary. Sunday, March 8th at the Episcopal Church in Roslyn. 10a Worship with us or join us at noon for our celebration. Please, RSVP 404-312-7345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Soup-n-Bread and Worship on Wednesdays in Lent 6:00 pm Come as you are for a simple but hearty meal of soup and bread at 6 pm. Holden Evening Prayer follows at about 6:50. We try to end by 7:30pm. Thank you to our ministries for hosting soup suppers!
March 4: Stewardship
March 11: Worship & Music
March 18: Youth and Outreach
March 25: Property Management
April 1: Congregational Life